Monday, December 20, 2010

How do you want to be remembered?

I think my ideal passing would go as follows:
Cremated. Definitely no wake, those things are creepy and antiquated. Tiny funeral for the family that still thinks those ceremonies are important. Ashes scattered in Lake Michigan at the "cool, hangin' loose spot." (Read Stuart Dybek, you'll understand.) HUGE party. No matter how I died, I want people to remember how I lived: happy, nerdy, regret-free, and lightly buzzed.

I don't want some monument in a field full of other dead people. I want people to visit the "cool, hangin' loose spot" to remember me, not some stodgy crypt or somber grave yard. But to each his own. There are others that wish to be immortalized in stone sculptures. Some respectful, some ridiculous. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment