Tuesday, November 30, 2010

This "diva" thing has gone too far

Stilettos aren't just for hookers any more. Platform stilettos have wormed their way back into the office, into casual date wear, and on to the feet of every woman over the age of 15. I remember being little and trying on Mom's hot pink, suede heels, and thinking "I'll never wear shoes this stupid."

Now I have a collection of heels that would make Imelda Marcos blush. Nothing under 4 inches, nothing comfortable, nothing that'll prevent painful foot surgery in the next 20 years. And I love them all. Pumps, loafers, sneakers (yes), oxfords, sandals, thongs, everything imaginable.

There are some things though that are meant to stay flat. Tevas for instance. But the folks at Grey Ant seem to disagree with me on that one, and for the totally reasonable (ha!) price of $330, you can hike like a Hilton.


No comments:

Post a Comment