Monday, October 10, 2011

Halloween is upon us

Aah, the one day of the year women can dress like sluts and children can take candy from strangers without any commentary from the peanut gallery.

Also the time of year we like to boost our adrenaline by engaging in "scary" activities: nighttime corn mazes, and haunted houses are making big bank for the next few weeks.

I don't go to haunted houses. Why? Because I'm the woman that covers her eyes at the movies when the music gets too ominous. I get physically ill in the wake of too much gore. (Cite: the super-speedy trip back to the house after a showing of "My Bloody Valentine 3D." Might have been the nachos, but pretty sure it was the blood.) I jump and "eep!" at every suspenseful turn. So, it stands to reason that I would not be willing to pee myself in public when someone jumps out at me from the dark with a chainsaw.

Is it a distaste for fear/lack of control, or some control-freak-i-ness that prevents me from screaming? Who cares. I'm not going to do it. Mostly because I don't want any photographic evidence of my intense fear.

Enjoy these photos of people getting scared into soiled drawers. And know that I will never be one of them.






No comments:

Post a Comment