Friday, August 5, 2016

4.083333-Year Vacation

So, if you are reviewing this blog, you may notice that there is a 4 year and one month gap in posts.
Frickin' get over it.

I've been busy with my "real" career, and being responsible for unholy amounts of some corporation's money doesn't leave a whole lot of spare time for commenting on the Internet. Fortunately, I've made some work/life adjustments that will allow me to share more of the bizarre, amusing, and twisted thoughts that cross my mind when wandering the world wide web of weirdos.

In my real life, I have been recruiting! Which completely sucks. Not only are there about a zillion HR regulations on what you can and cannot say, people look SO much better on paper than they do in person. Why do I need to spend an hour of my valuable time chatting with you about your career aspirations, only for you to confess as you're leaving that you really just want to get the heck away from your current boss?

There are 1,000s of resources for job seekers needing instruction on how to ace an interview. Try reading one. Or two. It'll impress the mess out of your potential future employer, I promise. Also, dress like you give a crap. Save the casual togs for when you actually get the gig.

Then to the resume: if you can't spell, you can't work for me. If your job history is a laundry list of positions held for less than a full year, you're out. But, if you can craft a resume like this guy, you're hired! Comprehensive, covers applicable skills/experience, and...well...see for yourself!



No comments:

Post a Comment